KIDS POWER! A free, 8-week educational series for children ages 7-11 who are affected by a loved one’s addiction. This program is based on materials developed and used by Jerry Moe, director of Children’s Programs at the Betty Ford Centers, and is designed to help children:
• Explore and express feelings in a safe and supportive environment
• Understand addiction and codependency in an age-appropriate way
• Learn a variety of problem-solving, coping, and self-care strategies
• Build self-esteem, self-worth, and positive feelings about themselves
• Realize they are not alone
• Simply be kids by learning to have fun in safe and healthy ways
A light dinner will be provided at each session.
Each session will be held at the Council offices at:
219 West 2nd Street, Grand Island (downtown).
Each series concludes with a Family Celebration
For the next series, please check our calendar tab.
Sign Up Early!!!
Pre-registration is required.