JOB TITLE: Part-Time Program Facilitator.
MAIN FUNCTION: This position assists with the promotion and facilitation of prevention and early intervention programming and as needed performs varied clerical duties and manages the information flow of CNCAA in the absence of the Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, dependable, have great people skills, and have the heart of a teacher.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
• Become trained in CATCH Kids Club, Discovery Kids, Kid’s Power!, TeenPower, All Stars Programs; assist with program facilitation as needed.
• Perform traditional receptionist/clerical duties including answering the telephone, directing calls, typing, filing as needed in the absence of CNCAA’s Administrative Assistant.
• Distribute literature/materials to those requesting ATOD information.
• Consult with individuals about available resources and make appropriate recommendations.
• Keep self updated about ATOD issues, 12-Step programs available, and the programs offered at CNCAA.
• Assist with CNCAA fund raising events as appropriate, or as time allows.
• Responsible to the Executive Director.
• Comply with all CNCAA policies and procedures, rules and regulations, including those regarding conduct, confidentiality and record keeping.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma required; Bachelors Degree in Education, Psychology or Social Work preferred; background in substance abuse and/or education helpful; Excellent computer skills in Word and Excel; Valid Nebraska Driver’s License necessary;
Ability to speak, read and write in the English languages.
Follow written and oral instructions, and communicate effectively.
Demonstrate skill in operating a computer and related software.
Ability to spell correctly and use appropriate reference materials.
Ability to build and maintain rapport with the current staff, public, and other agencies.
Ability to work in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
Ability to lift/move/carry 25-50 pounds.
Must have valid Nebraska Drivers License.
HOURS OF WORK: General office hours are 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some Saturday hours teaching classes. Hours for this position will be scheduled by the Executive Director based on the needs of the organization and classes scheduled.
SALARY RATE: This is a part-time position (20 hours/week); minimum starting hourly wage of $12.00.
BENEFITS: Pro-rated Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holiday Pay; Health Stipend; Optional participation in the Simple IRA Plan after 1 year of employment and/or earning at least $5,000 during the previous calendar year.
Please send resume with professional references and our application form to C. Holmes, 219 W 2nd St, Grand Island, NE 68801 by 5:00 p.m. July 17, 2019. EOE.