The Central Nebraska Council on Alcoholism and Addictions is seeking a full-time Office Manager/Administrative Assistant. Ideal candidate must be dependable and able to manage several projects at one time; must have great computer, organizational and time management skills; must have an understanding of addiction/recovery and a heart for helping others. Send resume with references and completed application to Connie Holmes, 219 W 2nd St, Grand Island, NE 68801 by 5:00pm September 10, 2018. EOE.
This position performs various clerical duties, manages the bookstore and lending library, and manages the information flow of CNCAA which enables the office to function in an effective and efficient manner; serves as the “go-to” person in the short-term absence of the Executive Director.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform traditional receptionist/clerical duties to include answering the telephone, directing calls, typing, filing, receiving and distributing mail, ordering necessary office supplies.
• Maintain records/receipts for all incoming checks, book sales, donations; prepare deposits.
• Manage, maintain, promote Bookstore (order materials, conduct annual inventory, prepare sales tax reports).
• Manage, maintain, promote Lending Library (call on overdue materials, conduct annual inventory).
• Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual statistical reports.
• Consult with individuals about available resources and make appropriate recommendations, distribute literature/materials upon request.
• Develop/Maintain positive relationships with treatment and recovery service providers and self-help groups.
• Update 12-step meeting lists as new information become available.
• Update and maintain mailing lists for CNCAA; facilitate bulk mailings when necessary; recruit volunteers to assist. (work closely with Development Coordinator)
• Maintain quantities of ATOD materials on hand for educational events, health fairs, and individuals.
• Help “man” CNCAA’s booth at health fairs, etc.
• Assist with fundraising activities wherever possible/as needed or requested.
• Receive and manage workshop/conference registrations; create class lists for each workshop/conference; send out confirmation letters/notices to each participant.
• Receive and manage alcohol/drug education class registrations; create class lists for each class; send out confirmation letters/notices to each participant.
• Responsible to the Executive Director. Comply with all CNCAA policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS and ABILITIES: High school diploma required. Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills; Excellent computer skills (experience in Email, Word, Access, and Excel); Background in substance abuse helpful; Ability to follow written and oral instructions; Ability to work in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions; Ability to lift/move/carry 25-50 pounds.
HOURS OF WORK: Office hours are 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with an hour provided for lunch; 37.5 hour work-week. This position will be allowed to adjust work hours within a flextime schedule as the need presents itself.
SALARY RATE: This is a full-time position; hourly wage to be determined by the Executive Director with the approval of the Board of Directors. Current Salary Range: $10.00 - $15.00/hour (1950 hours/year = $19,500 - $29,250)
BENEFITS: Paid Sick Leave and Vacation Time; Optional Simple IRA (after 1 year of employment and/or earning $5,000 during the previous calendar year) and Flexible Benefits Plan.