JOB TITLE: Bilingual Program Facilitator.
MAIN FUNCTION: This position assists with the promotion and facilitation of prevention and early intervention programming (Spanish-Language focus) and as needed performs varied clerical duties and manages the information flow of CNCAA in the absence of the Administrative Assistant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Become trained in and certified to teach Prime for Life; Promote and instruct Prime for Life curriculum to youth and adults.
• Become trained to teach Marijuana Education Class; Promote and instruct to youth and adults.
• Receive and coordinate Alcohol/Drug Education class registrations; send enrollment letters; manage related records.
• Become trained in CATCH Kids Club, Discovery Kids, Kid’s Power!, TeenPower, All Stars Programs; assist with program facilitation as needed.
• Assist with translation and interpretation as needed with all of CNCAA’s programs and services.
• Perform traditional receptionist/clerical duties including answering the telephone, directing calls, typing, filing as needed in the absence of CNCAA’s Administrative Assistant.
• Distribute literature/materials to those requesting ATOD information.
• Consult with individuals about available resources and make appropriate recommendations.
• Keep self updated about ATOD issues, 12-Step programs available, and the programs offered at CNCAA.
• Assist with CNCAA fund raising events as appropriate, or as time allows.
• Responsible to the Executive Director.
• Comply with all CNCAA policies and procedures, rules and regulations, including those regarding conduct, confidentiality and record keeping.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be Bilingual (Spanish Language); High School Diploma required; Bachelors Degree in Education, Psychology or Social Work preferred; background in substance abuse and/or education helpful; Excellent computer skills in Word and Excel; Valid Nebraska Driver’s License necessary;
Ability to speak, read and write in the English and Spanish languages.
Follow written and oral instructions, and communicate effectively.
Demonstrate skill in operating a computer and related software.
Ability to spell correctly and use appropriate reference materials.
Ability to build and maintain rapport with the current staff, public, and other agencies.
Ability to work in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
Ability to lift/move/carry 25-50 pounds.
Must have valid Nebraska Drivers License.
HOURS OF WORK: General office hours are 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some Saturday hours teaching classes. Hours for this position will be scheduled by the Executive Director based on the needs of the organization and classes scheduled.
SALARY RATE: This is a part-time position (28 hours/week); minimum starting hourly wage of $12.00.
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holiday Pay; Health Stipend; Optional participation in the Simple IRA Plan after 1 year of employment and/or earning at least $5,000 during the previous calendar year.
Please send resume with professional references and our application form to C. Holmes, 219 W 2nd St, Grand Island, NE 68801 by 5:00 p.m. 2/22/19. EOE.